forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: (ancient) ./build.sh docs error
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2002 04:15:59 GMT
On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 10:48:58PM +0200, Steven Noels wrote:
> Steven Noels wrote:
> >Hi guys,
> >
> >./build.sh clean docs fails violently at me with
> >
> >Initializing... ready, let's go :-)
> >java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> >org/apache/xml/dtm/ref/IncrementalSAXSource_Xerces
> >        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
> >        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:140)
> >        at
> >org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.DTMManagerDefault.getDTM(DTMManagerDefault.java:269)
> >        at org.apache.xpath.XPathContext.getDTM(XPathContext.java:169)
> >
> >I reckon this is because I don't want to add the newer versions of
> >Xalan/Xerces in my lib/endorsed directory of my JDK 1.4.1 installation.

I have the same problem :/

(incidentally, a note for JVM upgraders: don't forget to fix $JAVA_HOME
or you'll be using the 1.4 binaries with the 1.3 rt.jar)

> Hm - I added the xml libs to JAVA_HOME/lib/endorsed for testing, and it
> still fails with the same ClaasNotFoundException...

Did you get the right directory? It's $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/endorsed, not
$JAVA_HOME/lib/endorsed

Though I set the java.endorsed.dirs, it seems to have no effect.

> For my understanding: is the shbat the only supported process now?
> Should the old build targets still work?

Yes, and yes.

> I'm trying to update the xml.apache.org site.

I updated last night, and it looks like the cron script picked it up.
Here's the new "Using Forrest" doc:

http://xml.apache.org/forrest/your-project.html

--Jeff