forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Integrating Forrest with existing Cocoon apps
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 09:58:34 GMT
On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 09:58:36AM +0100, Michael Edge wrote:

> Hi again
>
> I've spent a couple of days trawling through the Forrest and Centipede
> documentation and, as far as I understand it, Forrest is what we are
> looking for to document our Cocoon applications. The question is, how
> do we go about this? We have existing Cocoon apps, complete with ANT
> build scripts. I need to integrate Forrest into this so that it becomes
> another target in our build scripts. The current samples generate
> Forrest documentation, but I can't find any details on how to integrate
> Forrest with an existing application.

I have:

In build.properties.sample:

forrest.home=${user.home}/apache/xml/xml-forrest/build/dist/shbat

In build.xml:

<project ... >

  <property file="build.properties"/>
  <target name="init">
    <available file="${forrest.home}" type="dir" property="forrest.home.present"/>
  </target>

  <target name="forrest.home.defined" depends="init" unless="forrest.home.present">
    <echo>
      To run this target, you need Forrest installed.
      Please do the following:

      export CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic
      cvs checkout xml-forrest
      cd xml-forrest
      ./build.sh -f build.build.xml dist

      Then create build.properties, containing this line:

      forrest.home=${user.home}/xml-forrest/build/dist/shbat

      (adjusting the path according to where your xml-forrest is)
    </echo>
    <fail message="Need to define $${forrest.home}"/>
  </target>

  <target name="webapp" depends="forrest.home.defined" description="Build the website webapp">
    <ant antfile="${forrest.home}/forrest.build.xml" target="webapp"/>
  </target>

  <target name="site"  depends="forrest.home.defined" description="Build a static website">
    <ant antfile="${forrest.home}/forrest.build.xml" target="site"/>
  </target>

</project>

--Jeff