forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <>
Subject Re: Integrating Forrest with existing Cocoon apps
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 09:58:34 GMT
On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 09:58:36AM +0100, Michael Edge wrote:
> Hi again
> I've spent a couple of days trawling through the Forrest and Centipede
> documentation and, as far as I understand it, Forrest is what we are
> looking for to document our Cocoon applications. The question is, how
> do we go about this? We have existing Cocoon apps, complete with ANT
> build scripts. I need to integrate Forrest into this so that it becomes
> another target in our build scripts. The current samples generate
> Forrest documentation, but I can't find any details on how to integrate
> Forrest with an existing application.

I have:

In build.xml:

<project ... >

  <property file=""/>
  <target name="init">
    <available file="${forrest.home}" type="dir" property="forrest.home.present"/>

  <target name="forrest.home.defined" depends="init" unless="forrest.home.present">
      To run this target, you need Forrest installed.
      Please do the following:

      cvs checkout xml-forrest
      cd xml-forrest
      ./ -f dist

      Then create, containing this line:

      (adjusting the path according to where your xml-forrest is)
    <fail message="Need to define $${forrest.home}"/>

  <target name="webapp" depends="forrest.home.defined" description="Build the website webapp">
    <ant antfile="${forrest.home}/" target="webapp"/>

  <target name="site"  depends="forrest.home.defined" description="Build a static website">
    <ant antfile="${forrest.home}/" target="site"/>

> Any help appreciated.
> Regards
> Michael

View raw message