forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using local skins with forrest.sh
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2002 15:39:44 GMT
On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 04:11:57PM +0100, Ian Blizard wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I have created my own project, using:
>
> forrest.sh seed
>

> and I have created my own skins dir in:
>
> $PROJECT_HOME/src/skins/<my-skin>

Traditionally, new skins go in src/documentation/skins, and this is where
they're looked for by default. To change this, you'll need to create a
'forrest.properties' file in your project root, with the entry:

project.skins-dir=src/skins

There are a bunch of other project.* properties that must be defined if
one's project deviates from the default Forrest layout. These are defined
in xml-forrest/forrest.build.xml.

> Is there anyway to get forrest.sh to take in a local skinname parameter?

Yes, but you've caught us halfway through two systems that means it can't
be done the 'official' way (in the sitemap, we went from @skin@ tokens to
{defaults:foo} parameters).

The temporary hack is to:

 - copy xml-forrest/src/resources/conf/sitemap.xmap into your project's
   src/documentation directory, and replace all references to
   '{defaults:skin}' with '@skin@'.
 - Add the line 'project.skin=<my-skin>' to forrest.properties, where
   <my-skin> is the name of the skin directory.

With this change, forrest.build.xml will replace all @skin@ tokens with
the value of ${project.skin}.

--Jeff