forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Xindice going to forrest
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2002 12:14:47 GMT
> Vladimir Bossicard wrote:
> >I tried to create a website but got lost in the build.xml file :-)
> >Sorry to say that but I don't have the time to learn cocoon and
> >centripede to generate the website.  So I think what would be a really
> >really good thing is a simple project aimed at apache projects.
> >
> >forrest.properties containing the location to forrest.home
> >forrest.xml
> >xdocs
> >   book.xml
> >   index.xml
> >
> >and if ant -buildfile forrest.xml automatically generates the website into
> >docs, the rest we can figure out :-)

There is something almost like this in CVS. It needs improving though.
Here's what you do:

In your checked-out xml-forrest directory:

./build.sh -f build.build.xml dist

Then add build/dist/shbat/bin to your PATH.

Now create a new directory, eg /tmp/xindice.
In it, type 'forrest.sh seed'. This creates skeleton project xdocs.
Then type 'forrest.sh', and it will generate docs.

If you need any help or advice, there's a list of people very willing to
help.

--Jeff