forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: XML validation
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2002 07:05:18 GMT
Excellent work Jeff. I am itching to try it out.

I do not know if you are on cocoon-dev, but we have
been experimenting with RELAX NG validation (via Ant
at build-time) of the main config files, and perhaps
later with xdocs.

We have often discussed RNG here on forrest-dev. Should we
have multiple validation systems in Forrest? I think so.

Comments inline ...

Jeff Turner wrote:

> I've done all this in CVS.  Forrest now validates all XML docs before
> trying to generate static HTML or a webapp, and will fail if anything
> is not valid.  Note: well-formed docs without DOCTYPE declarations are
> not valid!  Hence this is a backwards-incompatible change, but hopefully
> one for the better.
>
> To make validation errors not halt the build, set:
>
> forrest.validate.failonerror=false
>
> in forrest.properties.
>
> If people feel that non-fatal validation is a preferable default, I'm
> happy with that.
>

> To have custom project XML types validated, list them in
> $project/src/documentation/resources/schema/catalog.  Eg for Anteater,
> I've got:
>
> -- OASIS TR 9401 Catalog for Forrest --
> OVERRIDE YES
> -- Anteater custom doctype --
> PUBLIC "-//APACHE//DTD XML Documentation V1.0//EN" "dtd/xmldoc-v10.dtd"

Gee, that is a real PublicId or just a fictional example?
I was only aware of "-//APACHE//DTD Documentation V1.0//EN"
which is used by Cocoon.

--David