forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: how to update xml-site
Date Sat, 26 Oct 2002 12:20:24 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:
> ODavid Crossley wrote:
> > Sorry, lost you there. Who is doing the transformation
> > of their xdocs to document-v11.dtd?
>
> I am.. I have a anakia2cocoon.xsl stylesheet that does most of the
> transforms, but as I wrote on commons@apache:

@align,
> @size, <h1>, <h2>, etc.  I'm not sure why they even bothered with XML."
>
> Converting all that to Forrest's DTD is a PITA :)  I'm doing it mainly so
> that Forrest can be a drop-in replacement for the Maven xdoc target.
>
> > I know that we have some transformation tools in Forrest scratchpad,
>
> Oh?  There don't look to be any stylesheets in the scratchpad.  Hope I'm
> not duplicating someone's efforts.
>
> --Jeff

The stylesheets are in src/resources/library/...
They are called from the src/scratchpad/targets/transform-v11.xml
et al.

A lot of effort was put in to do automatic transformation of
Cocoon xdocs, but it has languished while the DTD v1.1 issues
were being sorted out, still.

I scoured the archives for where we did the work:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=102456379811908

I hope that it helps.
--David