forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: how to update xml-site
Date Sat, 26 Oct 2002 10:47:04 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > Steven Noels wrote:
<snip/>

> > I gather that Ken has copied the xml-site/xdocs that we were
> > using temporarily in the xml-forrest cvs. I will go and sync
> > them with the original docs.
>
> I have made some modifications like add a tip on how to use Forrest for
> the site in the Guidelines, fixed a link, and had to make a change to
> Forrest about the search box: it needs a domain name, not a url, and it
> has been broken all the way long these weeks.
>
> Quite startling given the time our site has been up 8-|
>
> Anyway, I will delete the ones in our CVS (sorry David ;-) to eliminate
> possible confusion.

I am already in the middle of removing that copy of
xml-site in Forrest. I recently added some missing mods
to xml-site proper and was just reflecting the few changes.

> > Ken you mentioned earlier that the forrestbot was "broken".
> > Would you please elaborate so that we can help to fix it.
>
> Ruby's bot that copies from CVS to daedalus that is.
> It failed completely to add the images and skin directories, thus
> resulting in the image problem.

So how do we going about getting that cronbot fixed.

> >>It's not because this is a can-do-ocracy that we should do things
> >>without enough consideration...
> >>
> >>Sorry if I seem pissed off, but that's because I'm currently lacking the
> >>time to help you with it, and you preferred going solo anyhow.
> >
> > Well, the rest of us will be here to help. Please pop in
> > if you get some spare moments, if not to "do" then at least
> > to comment.
> >
> > Solo actions are also part of the community. Our job as the
> > community is to put our strength and steering behind them.
>
> :-)
>
> BTW, I'll be basically offline for a week now,

As to the topic of this email ... how is the xml.apache.org
website updated? Does anyone else on forrest-dev know how,
considering that both you and Steven are away? Please give
some tips before you go.

> so please help the people
> at commons and incubator to set up the site if needed.
>
> Scott Sanders is helping with the commons one.
>
> Also, when the Jakarta site transformation to Forrest DTD is done,
> someone asked if we could propose it to Jakarta. The initial intention
> was that we needed the docs at incubator for info on Apache, but given
> the possibility, why not ask? ;-)

Sorry, lost you there. Who is doing the transformation
of their xdocs to document-v11.dtd? I know that we have
some transformation tools in Forrest scratchpad, but i
think that the scratchpad build is still busted.
--David