forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "IAS" <mas...@iasandcb.pe.kr>
Subject RE: feedback from adopting Forrest to renew my site with i18n support
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2002 08:40:59 GMT

It's my great honor for you to do so. :)
> > What I've been focusing on is i18n support, and the site shows
clearly
> > how it works. You can download its source files at
> > http://www.iasandcb.pe.kr/2g/ias-site.zip.
> > Mainly I changed the following things:
> > In sitemap.xmap,
> > <map:serializer name="fo2pdf"
> >                 src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.FOPSerializer"
> >                 mime-type="application/pdf">
> > -->     <user-config src="c:/java/ias/userconfig.xml"/>
> >    </map:serializer>
> > userconfig.xml and cyberbit.xml are for non-Latin-1 characters.
> >
> > In skins/ias-site/xslt/fo/document2fo.xsl,
> > all the values of "font-family attribute are converted to Cyberbit.
> >
> > In skinconf.xml,
> > DTD definitions for host-url element are added.
>
> Oh yes, I'll add that to Forrest.
In addition, it might be better for skinconf.xml file to have DTD
definitions (and some examples) for searchsite-domain and
searchsite-name elements.

> --Jeff
>
> > As a result, the site displays not only Korean characters but only
> > Japanese characters. Moreover, generated PDF files also display all
the
> > characters without broken ones.

http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/serializers/pdf-serializer.html

ftp://ftp.netscape.com/pub/communicator/extras/fonts/windows/Cyberbit.ZI

> > Thanks very much.
> >
> > IAS

Thanks.