forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "IAS" <mas...@iasandcb.pe.kr>
Subject feedback from adopting Forrest to renew my site with i18n support
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2002 05:11:21 GMT
I renovated my site http://www.iasandcb.pe.kr with Forrest.
What I've been focusing on is i18n support, and the site shows clearly
how it works. You can download its source files at
http://www.iasandcb.pe.kr/2g/ias-site.zip.
Mainly I changed the following things:
In sitemap.xmap,
<map:serializer name="fo2pdf"
                src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.FOPSerializer"
                mime-type="application/pdf">
-->     <user-config src="c:/java/ias/userconfig.xml"/>
   </map:serializer>
userconfig.xml and cyberbit.xml are for non-Latin-1 characters.

In skins/ias-site/xslt/fo/document2fo.xsl,
all the values of "font-family attribute are converted to Cyberbit.

In skinconf.xml,
DTD definitions for host-url element are added.

As a result, the site displays not only Korean characters but only
Japanese characters. Moreover, generated PDF files also display all the
characters without broken ones.