forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject Pagination proposal (yet another)
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 15:20:46 GMT
Hi all!

What if we interpret pagination not as paginating contents of a single file,
but as providing 'Prev' and 'Next' links to previous and next document in
the menu section? E.g., concider this menu snippet:

Documentation
	* Forrest Primer
	o Our Contract  <-- this is the current page in our browser
	* The Forrestbot

Then, Our Contract page would have links:
'Prev' (or <<) pointing to 'Forrest Primer'
'Next' (or >>) pointing to 'The Forrestbot'

At least we will have some pagination and will fill the light blue gap
between the page heading and the body. (And also we have to add a similar
bar at the botton for convenience).

Implementing this would be easy, as we have all the needed information in
the book.xml and we'll only need an additional part in the aggregation that
will produce the needed content (maybe even it'll only require to update the
site2html.xsl).

What do you think?

Best regards,
  Konstantin Piroumian