forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: Font too small?
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2002 11:13:32 GMT
> From: Jeff Turner [mailto:jefft@apache.org]
> On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 09:44:14PM +0200, Bert Van Kets wrote:
> > As the default skin creator I have to put a word in.
> > I have tested the doc-v11 document with ems, but couldn't
> get the text
> > inside tables to display properly.  Most text inside the
> tables was too
> > small, even after setting it specifically in the CSS file.
> > It is indeed recommended to use a scalable font definition
> to give people
> > the opportunity to set the text size to their liking.
> > I have been tech editing a book on web site optimization
> for New Riders by
> > Andy King and there are some really good chapters on CSS
> and html code
> > optimization.  It's to be published at the end of the year.
> > I set the font size in CSS on 90% instead of 12px.  This
> makes the text a
> > little larger and works perfectly in IE6, Mozilla and
> NS4.x.  Moreover the
> > text is completely scalable now.
>
> Excellent, http://outerthought.net/forrest/ looks much better now.

But not as good as before in IE. Now I get a horizontal scrollbar at 1024 x
768 resolution and the font size is larger than before. When I set Text size
'smaller' then everything's fine, but most of the sites look good when I use
'normal' size and I'd prefer to use Forrest at 'normal' conditions.

Can we come to a consensus?

Konstantin