forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Koberg" <...@koberg.com>
Subject RE: Link-Addressing, and breaking up the sitemap
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 10:07:24 GMT
Hi,

I have found that two main config files are a good thing. One that describes the
site and one that describes the resources. The resources are referenced in the
site config for easy reuse.

I have some incomplete documentation with Relax NG Schemas (I think I generated
DTDs and W3 Schema) up at:
http://docs.livestoryboard.com/en_us/manual/config/Overview.html

</snip>

> whadayathink?
> using the CLI is about "staticalizing" your content.  The webapp
> does not have this concern, so only the CLI needs to be taking up
> this concern to 'relativise' all the /-leading references in the
> produced static content.
> (At first I mentioned some transformer for this, but 'in office'
> Steven correctly pointed out that this has only got to do with
> the use of the crawler.)

What happens when your static output is PDF or some other binary staticalized :)
output?

-Rob