forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Bert Van Kets <b...@vankets.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Jeff Turner
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2002 11:17:21 GMT
At 12:43 13/09/2002 +0200, you wrote:

>Morrison, John wrote:
>>So far:
>>Stefano Mazzocchi
>>Sam Ruby
>>John Morrison        +1
>>David Crossley
>>Steven Noels         +1
>
>  Nicola Ken Barozzi    +1
>
>If history tells me something, once getting karma Jeff will stop
>contributing ;-) but hey, al least he can apply the current patches ;-P

I'd like to counter this one, but haven't found a shop that sells time.  My
days are missing about 24 hours each day. :-(
Once I get control again over my time (at the moment it's the other way
around) I'll definitely start contributing again.
I received the Cocoon book by Matthew and Carsten yesterday.  This will
come in handy to start developing the ideas I have in my head. (It's way
cool to see my name on the reviewer's page :-D)
I also received a CSS book by Eric Meyer.  I can certainly recommend this
one.  From what I read in it, it must be possible to lighten the Forrest
skin by several kilobytes by using CSS in a balanced way and still get a
good looking page in older browsers.  Not an easy task, but well worth the
effort if you ask me.
I'm Technical Editing a book by Andy King on "web site optimization" for
New Riders.  The info in this one will come in handy at this task. It seems
that a skin html code reduction of 50% is feasible!
IMHO this is very important if we want to promote the forrest skin to the
other Apache projects.

Bert