forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Bert Van Kets <b...@vankets.com>
Subject Re: Font too small?
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 19:44:14 GMT
As the default skin creator I have to put a word in.
I have tested the doc-v11 document with ems, but couldn't get the text
inside tables to display properly.  Most text inside the tables was too
small, even after setting it specifically in the CSS file.
It is indeed recommended to use a scalable font definition to give people
the opportunity to set the text size to their liking.
I have been tech editing a book on web site optimization for New Riders by
Andy King and there are some really good chapters on CSS and html code
optimization.  It's to be published at the end of the year.
I set the font size in CSS on 90% instead of 12px.  This makes the text a
little larger and works perfectly in IE6, Mozilla and NS4.x.  Moreover the
text is completely scalable now.

Bert