forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@wkwyw.net>
Subject Re: XHTML 2.0
Date Sat, 28 Sep 2002 10:03:12 GMT
Piroumian Konstantin wrote:
>>From: Ivelin Ivanov [mailto:ivelin@apache.org]
>>
>>Read this today:
>>
>>http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/web/library/wa-xhtml/index.html
>>

>>It only sounds wise to me for Forrest to become an early adopter.
>

> +1
>
> Looks very similar to the document-v11 format, so why invent the wheel?
>
> Schema-DTD masters, what would you say?

Forgive me if this has allready been said in this thread (I've been
elsewhere for quite a while):

Nicola Ken brought this up some time ago and he listed the XHTML modules
that he felt provide Document DTD "equivalence". This prompted quite a
discussion and, if I remember correctly there was only one problem that
remained unresolved - that of the removal of <title>

Anyway see his initial ideas post at
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=102909917505608&w=2

The whole thread is at

For what its worth I am +1 for adopting XHTML2, although the loss of
<title> concerns me (see
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=102914073227604&w=2 for my
reasoning)

Ross