forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: No more @skin@ in sitemap (Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/resources/conf cocoon.xconf sitemap.xmap)
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2002 12:13:21 GMT

>>I was refering to your idea of having a skinconf oriented
>>inputmodule (that's how these are called right?)
>

> Not sure why we'd need it for skinconf (skinconf != skin selection). It's
> just a possibility floating around. ie if you ever need access to an XML

jep, agree on the desitinction between skinconf en skin selection
(and other possible forrest config thingies)... again I just
picked up one idea and mixed it with the other need...

> file's values inside the sitemap, be nice to Konstantin and he can write
> you an InputModule :)

Konstantin, please define being nice :-)

>>so maybe this remark just pushes for a different name for the
>>beast then :-)
>>
>>Could there be a this-run-modifying-config.xml (maybe a simple
>>props file could suffice?) that is read in through these
>>inputmodules? so we get to have some {forrest:skin}  inside the
>>sitemap?
>

> That's exactly what we need. That fictional cocoon.xconf snippet was an
> implementation idea for this.

one I like

>>then you could give the -D or ant props (for conf file location
>>or for actual prop-values) to the forrest.build.xml which would
>>produce the required this-run-modifying-config.xml to be picked
>>up by the sitemap?
>

> Yes, or just 'java org.apache.cocoon.Main -Dskin=forrest-site ... '

mmm... foreseeing more of these to come up I'ld like the xml
intermediate step more...

> --Jeff

-marc=