forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: No more @skin@ in sitemap (Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/resources/conf cocoon.xconf sitemap.xmap)
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2002 11:39:01 GMT

Steven Noels wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>> This stuff is already in the gump descriptor.
>> I'm working on a module for Ant called Viprom (Virtual Project Model)
>> and I may as well expand its scope to Cocoon modules too :-)
>

> that sounds awfully like the POM of Maven... what is it all about?

Gump has a clearly defined model to deal with repositories, modules,
projects, etc.

Forrest and Centipede are using it.

Maven, which had started on the Alexandria-Gump project, forked to the
Turbine community and made its own, calling it POM (which sounds like
"apple" to me when I read it, or another thing that I prefer not to say
when read in an Italian dialect).

Now, Gump needs a name for his model, because many think that it doesn't
really have one, because Maven gave a unique name to his, and Gump didn't.
Overmore, we now need a simple way of accessing it via ant embed input
modules, and abstract from the xml definition.

So the Viprom (*Virtual* Object Model) has been defined, and there is an
initial project structure for it under the Alexandria CVS.
It makes it possible to access it via JXPath.

Mode detailed info over here:
http://krysalis.org/cgi-bin/krywiki.pl?ViProM

To understand more of what Centipede is not, a small description here:
http://krysalis.org/cgi-bin/krywiki.pl?AboutCentipede

             - verba volant, scripta manent -