forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: No more @skin@ in sitemap (Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/resources/confcocoon.xconf sitemap.xmap)
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2002 07:18:55 GMT

> Don't quite get this one. Is it good or is it bad that the runner has a
> choice?

I think it is good...
The concern 'choose skin' is not in the same realm as 'write
docos' and 'make project happen' IMHO

I really think there can be a skin-hint at the level of the
project repository (say a skinconf.xml) so the 'local' project
build can have a say about what the skin is...

The one choosing to publish a site based on the docos in this or
that project repository should have a last say in order to
produce a consistent looking site

>>seems that some of these changes are breaking the current bot
>>I'll try to look into updating the bot to cope with these changes
>>asap
>

> Thanks. I am a complete newbie in the bot stuff.

don't hesitate to ask...

>>I hope to take this opportunity to slide in the bot under the
>>build.build.xml hoping that bot should keep on working then as
>>long as forrest.build.xml is working... after that we could maybe
>>work towards merging(replacing) build.xml and build.build.xml again?

Ok, I spent some time looking at it yesterday evening... and
given the new position of things the bot is looking a bit dull
and pale...

I'm still figuring out one and the other, but I have to admit I'm
more and more thinking to kind of get the bot out of our system...

> Sure.
>
> --
> Konstantin
>

>>-marc=
>>

>>>--Jeff
>>>

>>--
>>Marc Portier                            http://outerthought.org/
>>Outerthought - Open Source, Java & XML Competence Support Center
>>mpo@outerthought.org                              mpo@apache.org

-marc=