forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: breaking the build
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2002 21:43:33 GMT
Konstantin Piroumian wrote:

> From: "Steven Noels" <stevenn@outerthought.org>
>

>>Hi all,
>>
>>One of the rather funny side-effects of the new input-module based skin
>>selection is http://outerthought.net/ - say bye-bye to our new skin!
>

> Sorry, I didn't think about it.
> (I see you've fixed the site already)

not really - it's the wrong skin, actually

>>It seems our new bot wasn't really listed in the post-integration unit
>>tests we should run before committing ;-)
>

> I have very limited knowledge about bots and their integration unit tests.
> Are they somewhere in Forrest repository?

The bot is described at http://outerthought.net/forrest/forrestbot.html,
integration tests was a joke actually, or a todo at least

the bot uses xslt to generate ant snippets that run forrest (cli) across
  remote documentation sources

>>Other than that, I wholeheartedly agree with the approach Konstantin is
>>pushing forward, of course.
>

> Thanks. This is the way to move forward.

Yep. I'm glad to see you back again.

As some of you know, I'm 'kind of' busy nowadays with various things. If
everything succeeds, I think we'll have yet another reason of doing some
more Forrest work. As for now, I'm just trying not to get swamped.

</Steven>