forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: No more @skin@ in sitemap (Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/resources/conf cocoon.xconf sitemap.xmap)
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2002 15:10:55 GMT

> <component-instance class="org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.RequestParameterModule"
name="request"/>
> <component-instance class="org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.DefaultsMetaModule"
name="defaults">
>   <input-module name="request"/>
>   <values>
>     <skin>forrest-site</skin>
>     <base-url>/forrest</base-url>
>   </values>
> </component-instance>
>
> Which means that in the sitemap, {defaults:skin} will be replaced by the 'skin'
> request parameter's value, or if not set, the default value 'forrest-site'. So
> a request to:
>
> http://localhost:8787/forrest/index.html?skin=avalon-site
>
> displays with the avalon skin.

I'm still trying to catch-up with the reading...
hope you can forgive these questions from oblivion:

- what does this tell about the somewhat promised "skinconf.xml"?

- this puts some pressure on how the bot is working: we gave the
runner of the bot the opportunity to choose the skin of the
generated stuff (independant of what the project-content-creator
would of thought)...(please understand that I _like_ the
@skin@-stuff to be out)

seems that some of these changes are breaking the current bot
I'll try to look into updating the bot to cope with these changes
asap

I hope to take this opportunity to slide in the bot under the
build.build.xml hoping that bot should keep on working then as
long as forrest.build.xml is working... after that we could maybe
work towards merging(replacing) build.xml and build.build.xml again?

-marc=