forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Customized forrestbot
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 20:40:29 GMT

Philipp Schmidt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have one directory with Forrest cvs checkout and several directories
> with my own websites I want to publish with forrestbot.
> Since I have a different directory structure (my HOWTOs are located in
> /howto not in /conmmnity/howto/) I need to have a sitemap for every
> website. The same with some xsl files located under
> /xml-forrest/src/resources/library/xslt.
> Is this possible?

jep, outerthought.net hosts 3 forrest-produced websites (and you
don't even see it)

so we have one cvs checkout of forrest from where the bot runs to
produce:

- outerthought.net/: based on stuff from a docs only module from
our local cvs, using our own skin
- outerthought.net/forrest/: based on only the docs from the
xml-forrest module on the apache cvs, using the forrest default skin
- outerthought.net/wqm/ (you can't get in there): based on a cvs
repository we share with a customer...

it is quite easy: if you can define the creation-process for each
website in the <project> syntax of the bot-conf then you just add
all of them in the config and let the beast run...

-marc=