forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject relativising URI's when using cocoon CLI (was Re: [VOTE] Usage of file.hint.ext convention)
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2002 13:47:40 GMT

>> by the way Nicola: the CLI should also be the one that "relativizes"
>> all the none http://-leading hrefs in our generated html as well :-D
>> that is the correct way to produce a bunch of relative interconnected
>> pages that can be placed where-ever (not just in the /forrest) on a
>> webserver. (and detaches the solution from the webapp that doesn't
>> have this concern)
>

> Gee I didn't know they became absolute from relative, are you sure?
> Can you give me an example?

nono, they're not...

but when we insert now absolute links (e.g. with the infamous
tab-hack: /forrest/) they remain absolute in the end-result
(generated html) because of this we need to publish the generated
html content on a /forrest URI of a webserver

therefore I propose to have a relativiser inside the cocoon CLI
process... (maybe command line switch to set it "on")
it should push as much "../" in front of all the /-leading links
  as there are /file-elements/* in the URI that caused it to be
generated.

like this the process of generating off-line content immidiately
takes into account the fact that it could be placed anywhere...

regards,
-marc=