forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Usage of file.hint.ext convention
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2002 12:54:44 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Exactly why I brought the vote up.
>
> The double ext solution is a quick solution to this problem, what Marc
> and I regard to as a minor hack.
>
> If anyone has better suggestions, please bring them on, because we need
> to go forward.

Again: why?

I trailed off to some recommended reading:

http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI.html#remove
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/content-negotiation.html

and then some

http://www.w3.org/TR/webarch/ (draft)
http://www.imc.org/ietf-xml-use/ (general interest reading)

and came back with the idea that we really need CAPs for grammar-based
XML processing, and ResourceExistActions for avoiding name clashes.
Other than that, I see many flaws because we want to generate static
HTML, but hey, that's life :-)

</Steven>