forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Usage of file.hint.ext convention
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2002 10:39:39 GMT
MIME-types are equally non-describing as file extensions
type: text/xml still requires a peak to the DOCTYPE when you want
to decide which stylesheet to apply
(this is content-aware pipelines redefined?)

alternative:
Purely on MIME-types would require some richer
text/xml; doctype=....
version of the thing, which is I guess a hack comparable to the
hint-file extensions?

still turtles all the way down :-)
-marc=