forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Project front page
Date Sat, 28 Sep 2002 16:12:57 GMT
On Sat, Sep 28, 2002 at 04:51:15PM +0100, John Morrison wrote:
> > From: Jeff Turner [mailto:jefft@apache.org]
> > On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 07:27:34PM +0400, Piroumian Konstantin wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > What about a projects front page like:
> > >
> > > http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/xml-forrest/src/resou
> > > rces/layout/xml.apache.org/home.html?rev=1.3 ?
>
> > Wow, nice.
>
> Seconded - very nice.

Very pretty source too. Nice use of CSS.

> > It would be great if we could get CAPs working in the sitemap, because
> > then special formats like this, and XHTML 2 experiments, could all be
> > done without modifying the sitemap.
>
> CAPs?

Content Aware Pipelines, ie pipelines that can deduce what kind of XML
they're parsing by examining the DOCTYPE declaration (or other hints).
The pipeline can then apply a different stylesheet based on the kind of
content it's processing. Eg, it could apply {type}2document.xsl to
convert random types (docbook, faq, changes, xhtml2, konstantinsindexformat)
to documentv11 format. It should make the sitemap much cleaner, and allow
users to add new types without editing the sitemap. There's an Action in
the scratchpad implementing CAPs, but no-one's yet got around to
integrating it into the sitemap.

--Jeff