forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Updates to sitemap
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2002 09:20:25 GMT
On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 11:47:56AM +0400, Konstantin Piroumian wrote:
> Hi Forresters!
>
> I've updated the sitemap to use input modules (as you could see from the
> commit message). But having low Internet connection (GRPS) I am unable to
> update Cocoon to a newer version (it's requried for the new
> RequestContextPathModule input module), so anybody, with a better bandwitdh,
> please update Cocoon (for testing I've copied cocoon.jar and fop-block.jar
> to /lib/core).
>
> The skin selection can be made as complex as needed, the only thing needed
> is to implement a more advanced 'skin'
> input module.
>
> Now the issue: CLI versions work as before (again the 'Home' tab has wrong
> link and an NPE in TraxTransformer happens during generation), but the
> webapp version fails to switch to HowTos tab, because of the redirect is
> issued to '/community/howto/index.html' which results in redirecting to the
> server root and not to the 'Forrest/community/howto/index.html'. Hadn't yet
> time to investigate the reason, patches are welcome.

In the directory redirect:

<map:match pattern="**/">
  <map:redirect-to uri="{request:context}/{1}/index.html"/>
</map:match>

You should be using the 'context' module, not the 'request' module. The
'request' prefix is mapped to the RequestParameterModule, which doesn't contain
the 'context' variable, so always returns a blank. Change {request:context} to
{context:context} and it works. The javadocs for RequestContextPathModule are
also wrong.

--Jeff