forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Konstantin Piroumian" <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject Re: No more @skin@ in sitemap (Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/resources/confcocoon.xconf sitemap.xmap)
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2002 21:34:30 GMT
From: "Marc Portier" <mpo@outerthought.org>

> > <component-instance
class="org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.RequestParameterModule"
name="request"/>
> > <component-instance
class="org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.DefaultsMetaModule"
name="defaults">
> >   <input-module name="request"/>
> >   <values>
> >     <skin>forrest-site</skin>
> >     <base-url>/forrest</base-url>
> >   </values>
> > </component-instance>
> >
> > Which means that in the sitemap, {defaults:skin} will be replaced by the
'skin'
> > request parameter's value, or if not set, the default value
'forrest-site'. So
> > a request to:
> >
> > http://localhost:8787/forrest/index.html?skin=avalon-site
> >
> > displays with the avalon skin.
> >

> I'm still trying to catch-up with the reading...
> hope you can forgive these questions from oblivion:
>
> - what does this tell about the somewhat promised "skinconf.xml"?

Th DefaultsMetaModule was a quick solution to cleanup the sitemap from alien
Ant tokens. For a complete solution we have to agree on the skinconf format
and then implementing a Forrest-specific MetaModule won't be a problem.
Input modules are configurable, so it can read the skinconf and setup
everything's needed during configuration.

> - this puts some pressure on how the bot is working: we gave the
> runner of the bot the opportunity to choose the skin of the
> generated stuff (independant of what the project-content-creator
> would of thought)...(please understand that I _like_ the
> @skin@-stuff to be out)

Don't quite get this one. Is it good or is it bad that the runner has a
choice?

> seems that some of these changes are breaking the current bot
> I'll try to look into updating the bot to cope with these changes
> asap

Thanks. I am a complete newbie in the bot stuff.

> I hope to take this opportunity to slide in the bot under the
> build.build.xml hoping that bot should keep on working then as
> long as forrest.build.xml is working... after that we could maybe
> work towards merging(replacing) build.xml and build.build.xml again?

Sure.

--
Konstantin