forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Konstantin Piroumian" <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject Re: No more @skin@ in sitemap (Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/resources/confcocoon.xconf sitemap.xmap)
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2002 16:01:09 GMT
From: "Marc Portier" <mpo@outerthought.org>

> >>I was refering to your idea of having a skinconf oriented
> >>inputmodule (that's how these are called right?)
> >

> > Not sure why we'd need it for skinconf (skinconf != skin selection).
It's
> > just a possibility floating around. ie if you ever need access to an XML
>
> jep, agree on the desitinction between skinconf en skin selection
> (and other possible forrest config thingies)... again I just
> picked up one idea and mixed it with the other need...
>
> > file's values inside the sitemap, be nice to Konstantin and he can write
> > you an InputModule :)
> >

> Konstantin, please define being nice :-)

I can sound mercantile, but it's nice when somebody pays me to do a work
during my vacation ;)

But I will give a hint for free (;-)): take a look at the XMLMetaModule from
Cocoon, seems that it's what we need. If it's not, then, Ok, I'll try to
find time to implement it. I have implemented the RequestPropertiesModule
and a sample to demonstrate/test it. Will finish it today and probably will
take a look at the XMLMetaModule.

> >>so maybe this remark just pushes for a different name for the
> >>beast then :-)
> >>
> >>Could there be a this-run-modifying-config.xml (maybe a simple
> >>props file could suffice?) that is read in through these
> >>inputmodules? so we get to have some {forrest:skin}  inside the
> >>sitemap?
> >

> > That's exactly what we need. That fictional cocoon.xconf snippet was an
> > implementation idea for this.
> >

> one I like
>

> >>then you could give the -D or ant props (for conf file location
> >>or for actual prop-values) to the forrest.build.xml which would
> >>produce the required this-run-modifying-config.xml to be picked
> >>up by the sitemap?
> >

> > Yes, or just 'java org.apache.cocoon.Main -Dskin=forrest-site ... '
> >

> mmm... foreseeing more of these to come up I'ld like the xml
> intermediate step more...

BTW, maybe an InputModule for system properties will solve the problem? I'll
implement it too.

Konstantin