forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Marc Portier" <...@outerthought.org>
Subject RE: forrestbot problem with ftp deploy
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2002 06:51:44 GMT

jep, realized after my post that the slide-in-extra-jar technique
would work for the liaison classes as well of course...
new decisiion: will just update the manual on the forrestbot on this
(some warning on using the deploy-ftp)

> > -2- check on the legal issues for redistributing the NetComponents.jar
> > (anyone that would know?)
>
> AFAIK are they not donated to Jakarta Commons?

site mentioned that indeed...
didn't check on the commons yet.

> > -3- eventually check in that one as well
> >
> > if there are no objections, I'ld like to proceed with this.
>
> Centipede is now approaching the new beta and will make this really
> easy, but if you need to commit, I'm not going to stop you, just keep in
> mind that it might change soon.

naah, I would be the one questioning the need for an ant in forrest
in the first place. (I guess practicallities with ant and centipede
beta's would be the argumentation?)   So I'm definitaly more happy
with the new insight: document extras to install when using ftp deploy

thx.
-marc=