forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Marc Portier" <...@outerthought.org>
Subject [wip][update] build refactoring - first use possible
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2002 11:35:32 GMT
Hi all,

been fleshing out more in the new build system

there is something working now:
./build.sh -buildfile build.build.xml clean docs
will now do the equivalent of what the (old) build.xml does

Except:
- it will do it based on the better separation of concerns we
have been discussing (could be a bit slower, please feedback)
- it will no longer require the 'clean' cause this nukes the
cocoon cache internally before re-generation

However:
when using this new way of working I get loads of
o.a.fop.fo.expr.PropertyEcxception
anyone that has a clue?

Question:
we still have the not-liked filtering in our build
I saw the maven guys used it for configuring more then the skin
Any opinions on being able to configure more?
(By the way the siteplan idea should be the way to get rid of
this filtering as well IMHO.)

Upcoming:
- webapp target (any other targets from the old build people
would like to keep?)
- the seeding stuff
- redo of bot to fit-in with this new way --> and adding the bot
target again

regards,
-marc=