forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: A site I find easy to read and fast with visual clues
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2002 07:59:44 GMT
> From: Nicola Ken Barozzi [mailto:nicolaken@apache.org]
>
> Although I don't find it *that* pretty, I think that this
> site is quite
> easy to read, and natural in the way the eye hovers over the elements.
>
> I particularly like the news on the right of the homepage
> http://mlf.sourceforge.net/ and the clear todo list
> http://mlf.sourceforge.net/index.php?plan .
>
> This shows how in fact colored code is nice to see:
> http://mlf.sourceforge.net/index.php?faq

I don't know how did they generated that html from the code, but it looks
very similar to what JBuilder does. You can simply save your source as HTML
and then XInclude/CInclude it. Maybe it's the way to go for the Forrest? Why
don't we use dynamic includes? E.g.:

<!-- Source code -->
<cinclude:include href="cocoon:/viewsource?file=snippet.java" />

Or something like this. (Just an RT).

Konstantin