forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: question to skin experts
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2002 16:28:39 GMT
> From: Marc Portier [mailto:mpo@outerthought.org]
>
> Yo,
>
> just was toying around with some documentation and noticed
> that some of the
> supported elements inside document/header are not showing up in the
> end-result html...
>
> did a quick check of the document2html.xsl and noticed that
> it's cutting out
> only header/authors, header/title, header/subtitle,
>
> looking at:
> http://www.xs4all.be/~mportier/xml-forrest/document-v11.dtdx.h
> tml#header
> learns that nothing is done with the
> header/type, header/notice, header/version and header/abstract

It's not necessary to display all this things within the document. They can
serve for other purposes, e.g. filtering on version, displaying abstract in
TOC, etc.

There were no decision yet on how all this can be used, do we need abstract
and notice at the same time, etc.

> anyone with suggestions on how to show this stuff?
> anyone with the better xslt skills to actually do it :-P ?

Doing the XSLT part is not a problem. First we should decide how to use it
all and where and how to show.

Konstantin