forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Impossible to integrate PDF documents in forrest site?
Date Sat, 24 Aug 2002 17:44:46 GMT

Jeff Turner wrote:

>>But it can still remain as a semantical piece of info, now that I think
>>of it.
>

> I think that's the key; whether the 'pipeline' in
> 'filename.pipeline.extension' is an attribute of the file, or of the
> sitemap. Does it describe the file, or does it describe what Cocoon
> should do with the file? The latter seems to be breaking IoC, as the file
> author has to know details of the sitemap.

Does putting a file in a dir tell Cocoon what to do with that file?

No, it tells Cocoon *something* about the file, but not *what*.

If I put .gif at the end of images, I'm not telling Cocoon what to do
with them, but what they are.
Cocoon can delete them, enlarge them, process them, or simply display them.

As you see Cocoon has the control.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -