forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [wip][update] build refactoring - first use possible
Date Sat, 24 Aug 2002 17:42:07 GMT

Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Marc Portier wrote:
> ... (btw we should asap stop to tolerate
>
>> [broken-link]s in our output, when nicola comes to write the
>> <forrest> task to replace the cocoon CLI, then generating a clear
>> output-log of broken link to-froms should be a definate
>> requirement from my part
>

> There is no need for a forrest tag for it... I have just seen where it
> happens in code and will patch it as soon as I get back home this evening.

Ok, so while I was at it I also did other tweaks and now I've committed
the changes :-)

Which means that the -V (verbose) option on the commandline now shows
more compact info and best of all Cocoon doesn't choke anymore on broken
links!!! :-D

Instead it creates an error page @ the same location where the broken
linked page should be.

Next step is to make it not regen pages that have not changed.

If someone wants to commit it in Forrest, it's in the C1 branch.
Please also add the other options that are specified in the Cocoon
build.xml file (-V and the broken links result page).

             - verba volant, scripta manent -