forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Impossible to integrate PDF documents in forrest site?
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2002 14:19:20 GMT

Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

>   myfile.pipeline.extension
>
> I like it.

Expanding a bit on this:

We can dictate that every file in the contents can have a double extension.
The output of Forrest will never show the internal extension, it's only
a hint to the pipelines about the content of the file.

We can also decide that it's lacking it, a default pipeline will be used.

ie:

   generate.xdoc.pdf (means that I want a pdf from a xdoc pipeline)
   generate.pdf (means that I want a pdf from the default pipeline)

Both will generate

   generate.pdf

And all links will be

   <link href="generate.pdf"/>

The only argument *against* this is that if I have

   generate.xdoc.pdf
   generate.myformat.pdf
   generate.pdf

what will be the result from Cocoon?

We loose the 1-1 mapping between input and output, lest we put up a
system to check for it.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -