forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject XHTML2 I have read it and I like it... GO READ IT!
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2002 21:44:49 GMT
XHTML2 working draft
http://www.w3c.org/TR/2002/WD-xhtml2-20020805/Overview.html#toc

Look at this XHTML2 snippet, and see if it looks familiar:

<h>This is a top level heading</h>
<section>
     <h>This is a second-level heading</h>
     <h>This is another second-level heading</h>
</section>
<section>
     <h>This is another second-level heading</h>
     <section>
         <h>This is a third-level heading</h>
     </section>
</section>

There is also a del and an ins elements that can denote parts of the
document that are deprecated or drafts
http://www.w3c.org/TR/2002/WD-xhtml2-20020805/mod-edit.html

Then the meta module
(http://www.w3c.org/TR/2002/WD-xhtml2-20020805/mod-meta.html) for:

  <head profile="http://www.acme.com/profiles/core">
   <title>How to complete Memorandum cover sheets</title>
  </head>

It will also have a schema, and has just one module for presentation
# 17. XHTML Presentation Module

     * 17.1. The hr element
     * 17.2. The sub element
     * 17.3. The sup element

With hr element deprecated.

Now, I really like this. It's bascally a standard version of our
document DTD.

Please, please, please read it, since I really want to switch Forrest to it.
It has sections, it removed presentation markup, it's gonna be standard,
what do you want more?
It will also give big pubblicity to Forrest, because it will be one of
the first implementations of a XHTML2 system!

When Steven comes back from vacation I wanna give a vote on this,
because it's really COOL:-D

             - verba volant, scripta manent -