forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Cocoon-apps CVS module
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2002 14:09:08 GMT

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Ok, can someone of the PMC clarify this.
>
> We should not use the cocoon cvs for cocoon-apps, so a
> separate cvs is the way to go. I don't want to give all
> 'cocoon-apps' committers also access to cocoon itself.
> So it must be separated.

Dear PMC, we need your assistance.

Cocoon is gaining more "sample" applications every day, and more are
being proposed.

We are in the process of cleaning the repository by separating the core,
the implementation and the components in different directories.
We also need to remove those apps that are not part of Cocoon itself but
that are important to us and to the community.
Therefore, a consensus is forming towards the creation of a new CVS
module for cocoon-apps.

The reason why I contact you is that this would not be a completely
separate project itself, since we want the Cocoon committers to be able
to commit, while having the possibility of voting in committers that do
not commit to Cocoon.
A kind of young-sister project.

Now, this is not a subproject, but not really still Cocoon.
What is it? How can it be arranged?
Lucene has a similar arrangement IIUC...

Also, we had the proposal of a Forrest committer, Steven Noels, who is
driving the effort, and hasalready  made available equipement.
He proposes to host this effort with his company's equipement.
Does Apache think it's possible to host Apache stuff on another server?

Thank you in advance.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -