forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal: Inclusion of CocoBlog in scratchpad
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2002 09:11:35 GMT

Ugo Cei wrote:
> Steven:
>
>  > CocoBlog could be the prime example of a drop-in Cocoon application
>  > (dare I say 'block'?). If we add it to the distribution, we miss the
>  > opportunity of showing off plug&play installation of a Cocoon-based
>  > app.
>
> The problem is I don't see a real plug&play feature coming to Cocoon
> very soon. So we have tow options:
>
> a) I continue to distribute CocoBlog as a full application that comes
> with its own Cocoon version, just like I'm doing on SourceForge
> b) I distribute CocoBlog as a not-so-plug-and-play Cocoon "block" and
> leave it to users to plug it inside their copy of Cocoon.
>
> What I'm proposing here instead is
>
> c) we include CocoBlog in scratchpad and when we get blocks, we refactor
> it out.
>
> But listen, I don't want to insist too much. As I write above, I have my
> own doubts about this move and own much of this proposal to the gentle
> pressure of the people I quoted.

I have a solution that could make all happy.

Let's make a cocoon-apps CVS repository that can trigger the compilation
of Cocoon by assuming that the cocoon2 CVS is checked out in the same
common dir.

It would make it easier also for the cleanup that's gonna take place soon.

So, how does this sound?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -