forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: forrestbot problem with ftp deploy
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2002 18:45:14 GMT
Marc Portier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> the ftp task we're using requires the ANT_HOME\lib to contain the jars for
> supporting the <ftp> task
> that would be:
> - the netcomponents.jar from
> http://www.savarese.org/oro/downloads/index.html#NetComponents
> - a different optional.jar that holds the liaison classes (building ant with
> the above jar in place does that)
>
> obviously I was doing my ftp tests with by calling 'ant bot' in stead of
> 'build bot'
>
> here is a list of actions I propose to get rid of this
> -1- commit a new ant-1.5-optional.jar so at least people can slide in the
> other jar at own choice

If you are not careful it will break Centipede, because I had to remove
some things from optional.jar to make it possible to load Junit and
other things from external jars in cents.
Instead, just add a jar with the extra classes needed for the task.

> -2- check on the legal issues for redistributing the NetComponents.jar
> (anyone that would now?)

AFAIK are they not donated to Jakarta Commons?

> -3- eventually check in that one as well
>
> if there are no objections, I'ld like to proceed with this.

Centipede is now approaching the new beta and will make this really
easy, but if you need to commit, I'm not going to stop you, just keep in
mind that it might change soon.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -