forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject [ANN] Cocoon Documentation Wiki
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 20:40:57 GMT
Hi all,

due to some very pleasant circumstances, a new and non-empty Cocoon Wiki
is now hosted at http://outerthought.net/wiki/. Most of its current
content has been donated by Leigh Dodds of xml.com and eclectic fame,
but as Wikis go, they should be taken care after by a community.

So if everybody who has been complaining about the difficulties doing
doco work using just email and CVS adds a page to our Cocoon
Documentation Wiki, I'll soon have to buy another server ;-)

I don't have a name yet for it, and Cocoon Documentation Wiki is kind of
  long, so how about CocoDocoWiki? It sure fits the typical nonsensical
naming conventions from WikiWikiWorld.

Politically incorrect, this Wiki is powered by JSPWiki
(http://www.ecyrd.com/JSPWiki/). Its pages however are stored in plain
text (WikiML) files, and we will unvestigate how we can easily migrate
documentation from WikiML to Apache/Forrest xdoc format.

cocoon-users and cocoon-dev'ers on this list: should I cross-post?

Have fun,

</Steven>