forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Instead of XHTML 1.0, why don't we implement a subset of the XHTML 2.0 proposal?
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2002 05:43:59 GMT
On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 08:20:01AM +1000, Kevin O'Neill wrote:
> {snip]
>
> > I took a *deep* look into XHTML 1.0 and 1.1 (the modular thing) over the
> > past week, and it seemed quite difficult to me to import only portions
> > of it inside our existing doc-v11 DTD. I see XHTML2 is being build up
> > from the same modular stuff, so either we drop doc-v11 and move to
> > XHTML2, or we stick to doc-v11 for legacy purposes.

See http://www.xml.com/pub/r/334:

  "The Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Simple Hypertext DTD (IBTWSH) is an XML
  Document Type Definition (DTD) which describes a subset of XHTML Basic
  for embedded use within other XML DTDs."

Unfortunately the referred site has vanished :( I'll contact the author.
Attached is a Relax NG version, which I've imported into my own schemas
with:

<grammar ...
<include href="ibtwsh6.rng">
  <start combine="choice">
    <ref name="project"/>
  </start>
</include>
<define name="project">
</define>
</grammar>

How about Forrest adopting RNG as the primary schema format, and then
generating DTDs with James Clark's translator[1] ?

--Jeff

[1] http://www.thaiopensource.com/relaxng/trang.html