forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Impossible to integrate PDF documents in forrest site?
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2002 10:59:47 GMT
Just stumbled on the following problem: I have a PDF that I would like
to be part of a forrest-based site, so I just placed a link to it from a
document, hoping the crawler would also fetch the pdf.

However, I quickly realised that this is impossible, since the sitemap
already contains a pdf matcher for generating pdf's of the documents
(xdocs) themselves.

So unless I add the special matcher that matches this pdf, or give all
my pdf's some special name-prefix or suffix which I match, there's no
way to do this, right?

bruno@outerthought.org