forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: NPEs on second build + rant
Date Sat, 17 Aug 2002 03:46:39 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Jeff Turner wrote:
<snip/>
> > I wrote the following blog entry about a day spent trying to use Forrest:
<snip/>
> > It was written just to let off steam at a wasted day, but I hope it will
> > be accepted here in the spirit of constructive criticism,
>
> Forrest is not yet ready to be used easily in other projects, because it
> has not been really discussed and done yet.
>
> I understand your difficulties, we are working to eliminate them.
>
> Eventually a new forrest Cent or an Ant task will get you going faster.

Jeff, you spent a whole day and missed the FAQ list.
It clearly describes that Forrest is intended to be
used  on *any* project. There is also a list of
"Forrest live sites" to demonstrate that.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback. The front page has been
amended to make it more obvious.
http://www.outerthought.net/forrest/
Please help us to ensure that it is usable for you.
--David