forrest-dev mailing list archives

From d...@multitask.com.au
Subject Re: Stylebook transition
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 08:49:21 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicolaken@apache.org> wrote on 07/09/2002 05:49:09 PM:

> Steven Noels wrote:
> > dion@multitask.com.au wrote:
> >
> >> Was there a reason? Since XHTML is designed to be reused this
> >> way.......? Or is it that noone knew much about modularisation?
>
> An important thing is that we strive to use semantics for the tags, not
> presentation.
>
> XHTML uses both, so it's not good for us.
I didn't say you should use all of XHTML. You can use pieces of the XHTML
DTD so that your project doesn't duplicate them. See http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/
for more detail.

> Given this, we are using XHTML tags where is makes sense, so that they
> are more familiar for the user.
In this case, the document11 DTD wouldn't need to redefine things like tr,
td, table, img etc. It could just include the relevant modules from XHTML.

> --
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au