forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Marc Portier" <...@outerthought.org>
Subject templates.build.xml
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2002 08:50:07 GMT
Hi all,

1 [WIP]
working on the templates.build.xml to complete the remote building steps...

I'm getting more and more the feeling that this could be a nice opportunity
to maybe also rehaul the build.xml and make it a bit more readable (using
the upcoming templates)

any comments welcome.

2 [removing some <filter>]
Maybe a first question from my side:
on the <filter> stuff:

I read the comment on the inputmodules for the sitemap, so I guess this will
eventually go
but in the mean time I guess its needed to make it work

just one question: there is currently filtering on the xml-content of the
./src/documentation/**/*.x* files, is that really necessary?

(fun coincidence: the primer document
(http://www.krysalis.org/forrest/primer.html) fails to correctly show the
skinit pipeline fragment because of this...@skin@ is translated to bert
:-) )

I will do some more searches and hope come to this conclusion:
- nobody (except, Steven's primer.xml which is not knowing, and in the wrong
way) is using the @skin@, @link#@, ... inside the actual documents (only the
xsl's)
- it's not a way of working we 'ld like to advocate
so before someone thinks he wants to use it because it happens to work
ATM...

I'll make a list of who and what is using the @token@ s in a new mail.  If
we can all agree on what and why I hope we can conclude to removing filter
translations on the xml content in src/documentation/**

3 [warning: current side effect]
one thing more: because of this approach the choice of skin is in fact
active in the prepare stage rather then in the generate stage (there will be
a small change to the forrestbot.conf.xml to reflect that)

regards,

-marc=
mpo@outerthought.org                      info@outerthought.org