forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Marc Portier" <...@outerthought.org>
Subject RE: [patch][wip] more partial work done on templates.build.xml
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2002 10:13:43 GMT
> > could someone check if that is OK?
>
> will do & report back to the list

thx

<bigger-snip/>

> > questions:
> > - for the log: we're now delegating to work.projectname by
> using <antcall>
> >   (since it is in the same file)... I'ld like to change that to
> <ant> so I
> >   can dump the log via the @output.
> >   See no reason why it shouldn't work.  A sendlog will just send the log
> >   to wherever the forrestbot.conf.xml is saying (any ideas on
> where to put
> > it
> >   there, I was thinking @sendlogto on the <project>
>
> fair enough - will sending logs will only be for failed builds?

both should be feasible, same address will do?
could be future extension to have some [announce] workstage that fits
in after the cleanup?
<announce type="mail">
</announce>

sending the build log through however will require a target that sits
outside the normal workstaging thing

> > - as stated above: can someone check the scp stuff
>
> as stated above: I will :-)
>
> > - who and why would consider it usefull that one configured <project>
> >   would have more then one <get-src> and more then one <deploy>
>
> more urgently perhaps: supporting project-owned skins? otherwise, we
> will have to check-in our outerthought skin in Forrest CVS ;-)

this is about extending the contract blokes!
point is the contract now says:
- project should provide: xdocs documentation in a dir they specify
- project can provide:    project descriptor *.*ml files in the root

if you want the project to provide it's own skin (makes all the sense)
then maybe this is a more justified approach (also relieves some
<filter> stuff>

- we modify the sitemap to always work with .../skins/theskin/
  (in stead of .../skins/@skin@/)
- the prepare stage copies the selected skin directory to there
  (bert skin if no selection)
- the project can provide his own skin directory in a directory of
  choice (communicated to the forrestbot.conf)
  if it is available then the get-src stage will overwrite the
  forrest default

deal?

we could have similar approaches for
- position of subsitemaps
- location for additional dtd's to move over (plus catalog?)
- need for own cocoon components (java src code and libs)

we can take them one at a time?

> <snip/>
>
> > which reminds me: todo for checking out based on branch
>
> yep, a cocoon requirement

duly noted

> > upcoming work (more wip)
> > - provide deploy.cvs template
> > - refactor build.xml to use the _templates_
> > - write a document on TheContract for people to use forrest
> >   (not like the primer explaining, more a checklist, Bert can maybe
> >    incorporate in his effort?)
>
> I'll see what I can contribute... I'm currently postponing announcement
> on general@xml.apache.org until we have forrestbot v0.1 finished and
> some docs written up - Bert, what is your schedule on this?

see above 'contract' mentioning to get a feel of what I mean

<snip-the-rest />
pick up earlier posting if you want to comment

-marc=