forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Marc Portier" <...@outerthought.org>
Subject overview of @token@ use
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2002 09:19:40 GMT
as promised

search results in ./src/**/*.x* for

@skin@
- documentation/content/xdocs/primer.xml (as explained earlier: unwanted
effect)
- resources/conf/sitemap.xmap (to be removed in future by input modules)

@link1@, @link1.href@, @link2@, @link2.href@, @link3@, @link3.href@
- resources/skins/*/xslt/html/site2xhtml.xsl (and then here it will probably
become an input param)
  (where *== avalon-site, bert, forrest-site, jakarta-site)

@group-logo.src@, @group-logo.href@, @project-logo.src@, @project-logo.href@
- resources/skins/*/xslt/html/site2xhtml.xsl
  (where *== avalon-site, bert, forrest-site, jakarta-site
          AND basic, xml-apache-site)

@group-logo.alt@, @project-logo.alt@
- resources/skins/*/xslt/html/site2xhtml.xsl
  (where *== (only) basic, xml-apache-site)

@year@
- resources/skins/*/xslt/html/site2xhtml.xsl
  (where *== avalon-site, bert, forrest-site, jakarta-site
          AND basic, xml-apache-site)
- documentation/content/xdocs/book.xml
- documentation/content/xdocs/license.xml
- documentation/content/xdocs/tabs.xml
- documentation/content/xdocs/xml-site/book.xml

@vendor@
- resources/skins/*/xslt/html/site2xhtml.xsl
  (where *== avalon-site, bert, forrest-site, jakarta-site
          AND basic, xml-apache-site)

trying to get to a conclusion here...
[use inside sitemap and site2xhtml.xsl]
- starting off with the understanding that this use will get replaced by the
inputmodules on the sitemap
- I guess this means that the information will be passed towards the
stylesheet as a parameter

SUGGESTION: the skin stylesheets should already start on using some
	<xsl:param name="year">@year@</xsl:param>
at the top and replace te @year@ further down by {$year} and so...
to make them ready for that switch. (skin-men, do you feel like doing this?)

SUGGESTION.2: remove the @token@ use to the sitemap only where they're
<map:param> to the sytlesheet we just modified

SUGGESTION.3: just get the inputmodules in the sitemap to really get rid of
the <filter> all together

[use inside the actual documentation]
- typing @year@ takes more effort then just 2002 :-)
- so I honnestly don't see a reason why we are supporting this
- it messes up the contract between people building forrest and people
building the documentation for their own project (which is proven by the
error caused in primer.xml)

SUGGESTION: manually go into those docs and hardcode it.

any comments?
if none, who can do what?
since I'm working on that already I'll be happy to change the related ant
targets and send a diff -u

-marc=
mpo@outerthought.org                      info@outerthought.org