forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: [Fwd: invitation to check out dbdoc/ashkelon]
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2002 10:08:55 GMT
> From: Steven Noels [mailto:stevenn@outerthought.org]
>
> fyi - looks cool

Yes, gives a feeling of something cool, but rather unusual.

On the page the common mistake is made: the background color is not set and
I get grey pages with images on white background ;)

I've been recently thinking about (Java | XML) source code highlighting with
Cocoon. A crazy idea came: generate an XML from Java source and then
transform it using a stylesheet, e.g.:
<java package="org.apache.forrest">
	<import>org.apache.cocoon.*</import>
	<class visibility="public" is-abstract="no" is-final="no"
name="MyCoolClass" extends="java.lang.Object">
		<implements>java.io.Serializable</implements>

		<field visibility="private" type="java.lang.String"
name="cool" />

		<method visibility="public" returns="void" name="setCool">
			<argument type="java.lang.String" name="cool" />
			<method-body>
cool;</statement>
			</method-body>
		</method>
	</class>
</java>

Don't get this serious, it's really hot here and my brain is melting ;)

Konstantin