forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: Printable link in every doc
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2002 08:22:57 GMT
> From: Steven Noels [mailto:stevenn@outerthought.org]
> Piroumian Konstantin wrote:
>
> > Issues:
> > 	- during generation the PDF docs are also generated, but when
> > requested it seems that they are generated on the fly again
>
> using the webapp? for static generation or using the forrestbot, this
> isn't really a problem - if PDF generation in the webapp
> isn't cached,
> that's a Cocoon issue instead - or are we using a non-cached
> pipeline in
> our configuration?

Ah, my fault. It was static version  ;)

> > 	- not all the pages need PDF versions (or all?), how do
> we determine
> > if PDF version is available to generate the icon in the title?
>
> naaah - I would make this part of the skin - so all pages are
> printable,
> then

I've already started, but if have a good idea on how to solve this - go
ahead.
Note, that you'll need to change the CSS like this:
	- change '.content table' style to '.caption table .table'
	- add 'dida' style (from original page.css in resources/layout/...)

> > 	- should the FAQs, HowTos, etc. has PDF versions?
>
> jep

Ok. Will try to add it everywhere.