forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: Printable link in every doc
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2002 07:43:12 GMT
> From: John Morrison [mailto:john.r.morrison@ntlworld.com]
> > From: Steven Noels [mailto:stevenn@outerthought.org]
> > Piroumian Konstantin wrote:
> >
> > > As now there is a working PDF doc generation, what about
> > resurrecting the
> > > old 'Printer-friendly' icon near the document title instead of
> > additional
> > > menu items? See:
> > >
> > http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/xml-forrest/src/resou
> rces/layou
> > t/xml.apache.org/page.html?rev=1.2 .
> >
> > +1 - go for it
>
> +1 Second'd :)

Issues:
	- during generation the PDF docs are also generated, but when
requested it seems that they are generated on the fly again
	- not all the pages need PDF versions (or all?), how do we determine
if PDF version is available to generate the icon in the title?
	- should the FAQs, HowTos, etc. has PDF versions?

Konstantin